A surgical-grade scalpel, dead skin, and vellus hair or peach fuzz are gently removed from the skin, pain-free, revealing smooth, fresh skin. Your product’s performance is increased with better penetration, and makeup will sit smoothly on the skin. Dermaplaning can be added to many other treatments for a rejuvenating boost. This manual exfoliation is great for most people; however, there are better options for active acne. This downtime free treatment can be repeated every four weeks to maintain that fresh-faced glow.
Dermaplaning is a physical exfoliation procedure that removes up to 3 weeks of dead skin build-up. Aestheticians use a sterile, 10-gauge surgical scalpel to razor your skin’s surface gently. Dermanplaning removes the topmost layer of dead skin along with fine vellus hair.
An aesthetician will gently pull your skin tightly and lightly glide the blade in an upward motion. Your aesthetician uses gentle and light feathering strokes, and dermaplaning can be done in about 10 to 20 minutes.
The benefits of dermaplaning are:
- Improved hyperpigmentation. Your skin’s color will look more even and smoother.
- Skin tone and texture are improved.
- It can be done every three to four weeks
- Reduces the visible ages of aging.
- Alleviates acne problems.
- Corrects dull complexions.
- Safe for pregnant clients.